Thursday, October 20, 2011

It's been awhile...

It's been almost a year. I nearly forgot I even had a fledgling blog. Last you heard from me I was a couple months pregnant and fighting off some horrendous morning sickness. Well, (as pretty much everyone knows now) Jeph and I had a fantastic little boy in July. Gideon Jack is the name. He's pretty much the coolest person to have walked the planet. Of course, by walk I mean shimmy. What? He's only 3 months old. He doesn't walk or crawl :). I think I'm going to ease my way back into this blog thing. I know that becoming a Mother can seem all-consuming. Really, it is (at least for me). That's how I am though, I get into something and I tend to focus on that one thing and disregard the rest. I've realized now that I cannot continue on in that manner. I need to start stealing a few minutes here or there for myself, as well as find time for Jeph and Me.

First, I have to change the title of the blog. We no longer live in Ellensburg...We're back on the West side. I graduated from CWU with my 2nd BA, this time in Political Science. I'm working for Catholic Community Services as a Housing Case Manager working with homeless veterans. My job is pretty fantastic, stressful, and sad (at times). It's strange to finally be in a job that I love, doing something that actually has meaning to better mankind rather than tear it down...

As I start easing my way back into blogging, I don't want it to become a "Mommy blog." There will be times when I post mommy-related stuff, sure; but I still want to focus on three of my favorite topics: Coffee, Politics, and Psychology. There will be smatterings of other things as well: Detroit, Seattle, related stuffs, etc.

If you have any suggestions for re-naming the  blog, let me know!

I will start with an actual post tomorrow :)

Until then, here's a picture of a Fantastic lady with balloons. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment