Thursday, October 14, 2010

First Post

I have been sitting here thinking what direction I want to take a blog. I have thought of simply blogging about coffee, but even for me that seems too narrow a topic. Then I made a list of everything that interests me that I can talk about for hours on end. That list was too long. After the list was complete I begun ranking said ideas until my top 5 remained. Coffee, Politics, World/national Events, Psychology, Veterans Issues and the Jersey Shore. Okay, so maybe NOT the Jersey Shore (show or actual shore); but if you randomly plug JS, your blog traffic increases.
     Over the course of this blog I will discuss my favorite coffees and anything related to the tasty bean (which is actually a seed, fyi). I will rant about what's going on in national and international politics and why it seems important. Same goes for events around the world. As Americans, we tend to continue our isolationist ways even in this technologically advanced world and choose not to notice when something happens elsewhere unless it's a massive disater. Hopefully, I can help change that. Then Psychology and Veterans Issues many times will go hand-in-hand. There is a lot going on right now in research and understanding of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), and throughout the field of psychology. I'll give my under educated opinion on these as well. :)

For the time being, I should get to class. Stick around! It could get messy. Afterall, I'm a Detroit Girl. To us, the messier the better!

2 comments:

  1. Cool! I'm glad you are going to talk about coffee, along with politics, Veteran's issues, and the Jersey Shore (see! You got me to mention it, too). I would also be interested in your thoughts on Detroit, which is going through a "rough patch" right now -- and may be a harbinger for urban America's future. I look forward to following your blog. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to talking about Detroit! While I didn't grow up there, it felt more like a home to me in the couples years I lived there than my actual hometown (Saginaw). There is so much potential there and the spirit of the people is felt just walking around for a day.

    ReplyDelete